I think that men know how to romance a woman and most do it well, at least for a time, otherwise women wouldn’t marry them. The problem is that most of them begin to rest on their laurels – Nicholas Sparks
Amen, Mr. Sparks. So for those of you who are ready to get off your ‘laurels’, here are six ideas to help you become a romance god. Follow tips one through six, repeat over and over until you live happily ever after…
- Secretly Plan a Date, Weekend Getaway or Trip. Figure out the logistics on your own – who will look after the kids/pets/house if needed? Don’t tell her where you are going until you are on your way. Just tell her what to wear and/or what to pack. She already knows all about you, but you can still add that feeling of mystery if you’re creative. All that planning will definitely pay off – us girls tend to get a little wild when we get away from our everyday lives…
- Tell her why you fell in love with her in the first place.Maybe it’s been so long that you’ve forgotten, but if you think about it, it will all come back to you. Describe it in detail for her, what you thought when you first saw her or first realized that she was the one. What are all the little things that made you sure about her. What are the ways that she impresses you now?
- Don’t be afraid of a little PDA. I’m not suggesting you stick your tongue down her throat at her family reunion. Be subtle about it – hold her hand, let your fingers rest on the small of her back when you walk together, or on her leg when you are at a show together. How did you touch her when you were first dating and you couldn’t get enough of her? Yeah. Do that.
- Four of the most romantic words a guy can say are “How Can I Help?”One of the biggest complaints women have is that they are too busy all the time, leaving them exhausted. If you seem to have more free time than her, find out what you can do to lighten her load. Ask her what is on her to-do list and take on some of it yourself. Remember this little equation to keep you on top of your game: Feeling less tired + Cared For = Horny Wife/Girlfriend
- Pay Attention to Her. When you are together are youreally with her or are you gazing at your twitter feed more than into her eyes? We each want to feel like our partner finds us to be the most interesting person on the planet. Remember when you started dating? Did you hang on every word? How long has it actually been since you looked at her. I mean really looked into her eyes while she was talking with you. Give some thought to what she needs from you – more of your time, more attention, more connection and then make sure you follow through. She probably takes care of you in a million little ways. Make sure you do the same.
- Touch Her. And I don’t just mean grabbing her breasts when she’s doing dishes (although if it’s preceded by nuzzling her neck, sucking on her earlobe and planting slow, sweet kisses along her collar bone, you go ahead and head for second base, buddy). I mean, hold her hand when you are cuddled up on the couch watching TV, give her a warm hug and a lingering kiss before you head out the door every morning, put on a slow song and hold her while you sway a little to the music from time to time. Touch her at times and in places where there is NO chance for it to lead to sex. Do that and she’ll be making the first move when you are finally alone.
That’s it for now. I’m off to get ready. My husband planned a date night for us. That man’s got game.